Sunday, May 20, 2012

ILab Training - 16 - 18 May 2012

From Wednesday to Friday - very agreeable study days, I was off work and on Course learning all about the ins and outs of being a software tester! I was doing the very basic Practical Software Testing course, but you do have to start somewhere.

Aaaah was I so excited!!! I've never been on a course for work before! Didn't know what to expect or if I'd be any good or if there'd be  tons of friendly people or would it just be me and a disgruntled lecturer who's got a chronic mint addiction? You just don't know!

Admittedly things started off a bit wonky as I had the wrong address for the place, but once that small but telling bug was sorted I was soon in class and learning with the best of them!

ILabs was fantastic! The lecturers knew their stuff and made the learning smooth and entertaining. The class was small so you could have all the individual attention your needy heart required and even the little cafeteria served healthy, tasty snacks and beverages.

And the building complex! Oh it was beautiful! All the trees in autumn colour! I made a point of walking up and down the long driveway each day to soak in the scenery, my photo below just doesn't do it justice!

But I have to say the course was an eye opener! In three days they managed to shove a ton of knowledge in my grey matter in such a way that suddenly so many things were making real sense! 

I now know everything from EXACTLY what a test procedure is, to how to do an S graph, to effective testing designs to even what RFC stood for! I didn't realize learning could be so fun! I'm actually quite sorry it's over for all I am keen to test my knowledge back at work! 

I feel very useful and that makes me just that bit extra happy to be alive! I feel sorry for anyone who isn't a tester and didn't get to go on training with me! 

So, when's the next course due?!

No comments:

Post a Comment