Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Annie - School Play - April 2012

On a fine, dark Wednesday night we went off to my old Alma Mater, Parktown High School for Girls, to watch the school play they had on. Major Productions, the schools drama club, was putting on Annie and I was really curious to see how it would go!

Everyone is getting ready. 

Some a bit more nervous than others.

Over all, I must say I really enjoyed the event! There was a lot of talent there and the show moved smoothly through each scene without hitches or glitches.

The songs were lively and fun, the actresses all deep in their parts – Annie was all saccharine sweet like a tot on uppers, the villains despicable and wonderfully sleazy and the supporting cast very up to scratch! In fact my only complaint was that the orchestra was too close to the stage and so sometimes drowned the girls out so that if felt like we were more at a mime show then musical.

Annie’s wig also haunted me! It was big and orange and looked like it would leap off the stage at any moment. However this was my own personal psychosis. I meant to take a photo of it, I just didn't have the courage!

Oh and the chairs! Those things were hard on the rear end so very literally! After a while you weren’t sure if people were moving to the music or for the backside relief!

On the whole I really had a fun evening and still catch myself singing a mangled version of “The Sun will come out tomorrow” from time to time. So maybe don’t try to weasel out of the next play a kid in your area is having, you might actually quiet enjoy it! 
Just remember to pack a cushion in case!

No comments:

Post a Comment