Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Discovery Photo-shoot - 10 July 2012

When the notification popped up in my mailbox asking for folk to please consider having their pictures taken by the Discovery team my first thought was, "OH HELL NO!" And I deleted it!

Then of course I realized I'd gone from Jo to coward in 7 seconds flat! How embarrassing!
So I fished it out of the deleted items, said, sure sign me up, and sent the mail off before rational thought could say otherwise. 

Oh my Smurf what had I done?!? 

I enjoy stretching the boundaries of my comfort zone, but having people take pics of me?

AAAAARGH!!!

So eventually the day dawned and I went down to the offices where the photos were being taken, clutching my cellphone and wearing the facial expression of a rabbit who's trying to charm a starved wolf and knowing she's not succeeding so well...

First off we had make-up slathered on.
Now I don't like make-up, it's against my made-up religion, but even the guys had to get powdered up, so, with a long suffering sigh, I got into the queue.

It was a long, long, loooooooooooooong, wait! Finding things to do in that line started to get interesting.

Once all the goop was on my face, I stood by, watching the Photographer show people exactly what he wanted.
EXACTLY WHAT HE WANTED!

Some people were pulled over afterwards and shown how their photos came out.
I wasn't one of them.
Mercy is a quality I highly admire.

It took an hour, 15minutes to get my 5 minutes in front of the camera. Admittedly that was fun and I enjoyed goofing off. I wonder if I'll ever get to see them? These are stock photos to be used at Discovery's discretion. Where Jo's face could end up? Who know?

And then that was it and good bye, be on your merry.

It was an unusual experience, and not as scary as I had thought it would be, even with the make-up!
It was wonderful to face that fear and knock it 6 ways from Sunday!!!
And now my views on being photographed?
"Meh."

No comments:

Post a Comment