Wednesday, July 11, 2012

CHOC Childhood Cancer CSI - June 2012

I'd happily signed up as a volunteer to take blankets to the Red Cross for winter. HOORAY!!
I innocently went downstairs, and, not finding my name on the volunteer sheet, added it anyway.
As we were heading out though I realized I'd signed up with the wrong group! (Because such things always happen to me...)
But since I had my managers permission to be out and about, and it was still a very worthy cause I thought, "Meh, why not?"

So instead of distributing blankets I went on a whirlwind tour of four different hospitals and children's homes, learning about Childhood cancer and what the CHOC foundation was doing to help combat this heart-breaking condition.

We went to two hospitals to learn what they where doing to fight the disease as well as meeting fascinating, passionate people who's boundless energy and selflessness was helping to make others aware of the problem and what can be done to prevent and cure it, because sometimes you need just a bit more than medicine to do the job right!


Now we couldn't take photos, which was only fair. I'd not like to be in bed sick and some arse is snapping my pic and asking if I could turn left so he can get a better shot of my IV stand!
But I think the pack we were given on the bus sums it up best!

Keeping MORE than hope alive!


No comments:

Post a Comment