Friday, April 2, 2010

I want to ride my motorbike...

**Vroom Vroom**

Ursh got the chance to ride her brother-in-law’s ‘1100cc Yamaha FZR‘ motorbike today. For those who don’t know bike talk that means, “A really big, big powerful blue machine that’s noticeably shiny. ” When she came back from the ride her own eyes were noticeably shiny and I got to hear about the experience, which was really nice, the first, second and third time.

Then it was my turn!
Eek no! I didn’t ride it myself alone, that’s just crazy talk! If you ever want to find out what a human looks like crushed hopelessly beneath a mega bike, pick me (though I won’t like you for it), but for actually riding one on my ownsome? Yeah. No.



But we decided to go out together on it to get Ursh some dinner. A decently long ride without a high percentage chance of sudden death? I like it!

But it had been raining so we had to make it slow going. Anyone who’s been up our drive way knows it’s no exaggeration to call it 500m of “OH!!!” With rocks, bricks, ditches, dales, potholes and the occasional squished frog, it’s a road hazard on the best of days, in the rain it likes to try out “Death Trap” as a title. But hey, why wait for good conditions? Are we men or are we mice? (Why are there only those two choices?)



We did wait for the rain to ebb and then off we went!!
Slowly. Trying not to take the taunting of the snails that zoomed past us too seriously. (Man those guys can be mean!)

And then we hit the road!
And then we hit the rain! (Because no matter the laws of nature, Murphy ’s Law wins out every time!)
Well I guess the plus side is if you can take the elements on your first go then the rest of the time it will be smooth sailing, right?
Maybe don’t try this at home…

It was a lovely ride, smooth and well more smooth. Yip definitely smooth!

But there were some downsides. The two that grabbed and held my attention where:-
1. The seats are made of smooth leather. It looks snazzy yes, but it doesn’t give your botty much grip. If your rear is on the small side you tend to slip and slide rather a lot which can be a bit of a bother at speeds.
2. The force of the bike moving is powerful and dead set on ramming the pillion rider boob first into the driver and not in a nice, kinky sort of way either! You begin to feel like you’re melding at a sub atomic level!

Still it was a really fun! I’ll stick with Ursh’s smaller bike for comfort and a steady sense of motion where my stomach actually stays inside my body, but it is nice to play with the big kid’s toys once in a while!


[*Ursh wuvs da bike, yes she does!!*]

^_^

1 comment: