Friday, July 23, 2010

Foot Where?

Let’s talk about socks baby!!

Anyone who knows me, knows I have a sweet and girlish, (My description and I’m sticking with it), love for socks. Some call it a ‘Sock Fetish’ but you’d not believe the sort of things people start thinking when they hear that! Like I wine and dine them, or go to a seedy motel with a bag full of footwear! Sorry for the pervs out there but my love, though deep and abiding, is strictly platonic!
Sickos.



I will also admit that it has been so many years since I have worn matching socks on purpose, that I actually can’t remember when last I did! I do remember the first time I tried mismatched socks. It was just for a laugh, one black, one white. But my eyes were so enchanted by the colour movement when I walked, and my feet so purring and happy that from that day I never looked back! (A big plus side is that you never have to worry about socks going missing in the wash, as long as they don’t match, why worry? ^_^)



If I borrow any of Ursh’s socks I will wear matching ones but only because all of hers are pretty much black and that defeats the purpose. (Sometimes I wear a small black on one foot and a large one on the other to appease the rebel within me…)

My fascination for socks started with the fact that I have fussy feet with two big quirks:-

Firstly and basically, my feet pretty much hate each other.
Don’t scoff it’s entirely true! When my feet touch each other sockless, all naked and vulnerable, they are so repulsed that they leap apart instantly, which tends to wake me up if it happens at two in the morning! For me the worst feeling I can have on my foot is the feeling of the other foot! (Okay not the worst, worst ever - poop, dead rat guts, putrid meat, those would be a bit more revolting, but I’m trying for effect!)
By putting socks on I effectively cut off that sensation and restore a sense of Pedi -peace and love!

Secondly, my feet are individuals. They may be mirror images to the average person but to themselves they are happy, unique, individuals and the idea of dressing in twin outfits? Oh my! What an outrage!!!



My left foot is the buff one. It’s adventurous and quiet frankly, murder on my socks. It always gets the sock that’s in the worst condition because chances are it made it that way in the first place! It is the one most likely to make a bee-line for your crotch if you sneak up on me when I’m out walking. It likes bright colours and black.

My right foot is more lady-like. It likes pastels and white socks. It never tests bath or swimming pool water and is the more ticklish of the two.

See? Individuals!

And aren’t socks themselves interesting? Ankle socks! Toe socks! Knee socks! Invisible socks! (Luckily they aren’t really invisible otherwise they’d be awfully hard to find in the wash…).



I have a pair of socks from Amsterdam, London and Germany (The German ones are mismatched!!).

I have a pair of socks my sister gave me two years ago that I’ve never worn but that I like to cuddle and squeeze because they are so, so soft! I call them “Pet socks” and Ursh just shows me “The look” once more.

I have a sock puppet, Le Sock, made out of one of my socks with mismatched button eyes. I’ve made a few videos of him but the sound quality is generally bad. Sob sob.

I have… to probably best shut up now.

So if you ever want to buy me some socks, as a birthday gift, Christmas gift or just out of random generosity, I will gladly accept them and heartily thank you once I stop rolling on the floor in happiness! They will be well loved!!
(The only downside being that I will remember you gave me them and the look of eternal hope on my face each time I see you might start to make you feel uncomfortable…)

Have a great day and hey, nice footwear you got there!
^_^

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your blog!

    Love your unique personality.

    Deleted last comment cos it said Loved.

    ReplyDelete