Saturday, December 29, 2012

Schwaben Butchery 29 December 2012

So Rob and I headed down to his favourite German Butchery, Schwaben's, to fill up on MEAT!!!

Now some folk might titter, but Jo, oh Jo, you don't eat meat? What were you doing in a place of blood gore and flesh ever more?

Well looking of course! It's fascinating! I don't EAT meat, can't stick the stuff, but it's not going to hurt me to see all the weird and wonderful things "norms" eat! 

I mean look at this:

Cheese filled, bacon wrapped sausages! Give your heart a REAL work out!

 Stop! Chop and put it on a roll! I bet tiles like this would look pretty...

"What a huge sausage!"
"That's what she said!"

 Cause nothing says delicious like:

Of course the place doesn't just stock meat! It's German! Das Sauerkraut!! 

Und check out das Cheeses!!

Giant pretzels! More salt with your cholesterol, my good fellow?

I love that word, Pumpernickel! Imagine my disappointment as a Jovviling when I was told that the book was the Scarlet Pimpernel and not Pumpernickel? I couldn't read it after that...

 Little lump-etjies of fat in your food look like greasy cubes of sugar! Or like teeth after cheap dental work!

Donald Ducks refrigerator after the police arrested him for suspected homicide!

There is a little wild baby bunny by our house. He doesn't look anything like that!

Meat! Meat! Meat! everywhere!

 Suddenly I have the urge to eat a punnet of grapes and watch a cheesy horror!
Life, and people's food stuffs, sure is interesting!!



No comments:

Post a Comment