Tuesday, August 23, 2011

China Town - Late August 2011

Oh rapture!!! one of my, admittedly smaller, dreams came true and I finally got to go to Chinatown! This is a large shopping complex situated in Bruma - East Gate, which is largely devoted to selling Chinese goods < - - as you might just have guessed.

Oooh look! Look! Oriental writing that I can't read and that could actually be a curse on all Caucasians and their fore-bearers! Yay, we must nearly be there!!


Okay first sight out of the car was the loos. Not to get titchy or anything but what is that brown stuff oozing from the walls? Walk on Jo, walk on!!


Inside the complex and WOW! Stalls everywhere! Things everywhere!! It's all so bright and garish! Of we go!!! And yes, suspicious looking lady, I am taking a pic of you!


Colourful!!! Doesn't it just make you want to dive right in and see what weird and wonderful things could be in there?! (This time I waited for the guy to stop staring at me before I took the pic, variety is the spice of life [Though pepper is good too]).

Beads! Beads! Beads! The amount of beading shops was astronomical! If there exists a bead in this world, then some of it's kith and kin exists in Chinatown!

Seriously, beads everywhere!
Okay but besides beads there were also:-

Toys - all sorts and varieties, some I'd never seen before and some I hope to never see again! Going to china town with a small kid or medium sized Jo is really not recommended!


Odd Chinese Stuff - Have you got the balls? I do! A nice green, musical pair! And too late, I've heard every innuendo and joke about it under the sun and over the moon, but thanks for trying all the same!


Weaponry - So if you want to rob the shop you have a wide variety to choose from!


Um - Well I suppose a wig can be useful... All these disembodied heads are a little creepy though, I sort of half expect the eyes to follow me as I go past! *Shivers*


Um?!?! - Want a last statue of Elvis? Maybe Michael Jackson to scare the kids? You want it, they got it!!

It was wonderful though! So much to see and touch and smell and try not to step in! I thoroughly recommend it as an adventure for the whole family! Just maybe go at the end of the month when funds are low, otherwise who knows what you'll step out with! "But Ma! Ah jus' had to have one o' them rotating Jesus statues with them thar perdy green light up eyes!!"
*Help*























No comments:

Post a Comment