Friday, April 29, 2011

Only the Pony!

So Thursday dawns, cold but not dampening our spirits! It’s time for the surprise and I can hardly wait to see what it is!

And what was it?

Horse riding!!!

Aaah it’s been so long and it was such fun! Of course we were dirt beginners and highly entertaining to onlookers, but we walked the horses, turned them and tried to steer frantically away from the fence with mixed results. We also did trotting which taught us the value of exercise and firm leg muscles!

My horse was a little white gelding named Oceans 11, who liked to stop walking the second he was our of range of the instructors prod and Rob rode a brown by the name of Zorro who kept wanting to lean against the fence and chat to his fellow horses.

At the end of it all though we were really psyched and decided this was one of those things we needed to do more often!


Oceans 11 and our instructor. You walk up to the horse and your first thought is, "I'm down here and I have to get UP THERE?"

Hey I managed to get up!!


See that? Aren't we professional looking?
(Maybe don't answer that...)


This was my forward view.

And this was the rear view. I didn't see this much as it required a level of acrobatics in the saddle that I wasn't quiet up to much. Sides when you see this view a lot it tends to mean you're facing the wrong way!!

See? Rob trotting! Go go go!!! Now tell me this doesn't look like ten times a heap of fun?!
Wanna come next time?
^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment